Sinus infections can be miserable for millions Americans.
It isn’t easy to go through your day when you are sick, have congestion, or suffer from headaches. Although over-the-counter medicines can offer some relief, they typically come with side effects that can range from unpleasant to dangerous.
Essential oils are a safe way to treat sinus infections and help alleviate your symptoms. In this post, we will tell you what essential oils for sinus infection you must use, and provide you with some recipes for blends you can make to help ease your symptoms.
How Essential Oils Can Help in the treatment of Sinus Infections
The most effective method to find relief from sinus infections is to utilize essential oils. They can clear congestion and help fight infections. Essential oils like the following are specifically beneficial to sinus inflammation:
Eucalyptus oil Eucalyptus essential oil is a potent anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antibacterial property. It is a great option for the treatment of infection and congestion.
Peppermint oil has antimicrobial as well as antiseptic properties are peppermint. It can help get rid of mucous and bacteria which can lead to sinus infections.
Lemon oil lemon oil refreshing essential oil that helps to ease congestion and fight infection. It is also used to cleanse your body naturally in order to remove toxic substances from your body.
Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is an essential oil that is powerful in its antimicrobial properties that helps clear of fungus and bacteria that may cause sinus infections.
The Advantages of Using Essential oils for Sinus Infection
- They are 100% natural and do not have any adverse effects.
- They are easy to use and can be added to a diffuser or inhaled directly.
- They are quick to fight infections and clear congestion.
- They can also be used to improve overall health and detoxify your body.
Essential Oils: When to Use for Sinus Infections:
- Essential oils can be used to help relieve headaches, congestion or fever.
- If you’ve been diagnosed as having a sinus infection essential oils can be utilized in conjunction with traditional treatment to speed healing.
- Essential oils can be utilized frequently to treat chronic sinus infections.
Here are some tips to keep in mind while using essential oils for sinus infection:
If you are nursing or pregnant or have other medical condition, it is important to talk with a physician prior to applying essential oil.
- Certain essential oils should not be used on children under the age of two.
- essential oils for sinus infection (terrysnaturals.com/)
- Always dilute essential oils prior to applying them to your skin.
- Do not take essential oils without consulting a healthcare professional.
How To Use Essential Oils to treat Sinus Infection:
There are several ways that you can use essential oils for sinus infection relief:
- Inhale the aromas directly from the bottle or from diffuser.
- Add a few drops essential oil to a bowl of steaming water and breathe in the vapors.
- Apply a few drops of oil to your forehead and temples with carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oils.
- A few drops of essential oil could be added to hot tubs.
- Make detox tea using honey, ginger, and lemon (recipe below).
Detox Tea Recipe
- Fresh ginger root, peeled, then sliced thin
- Lemon slices either fresh or frozen
- Honey, raw honey is best
Bring all ingredients to the point of boiling in a small pot. Turn down heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Drink while it is warm. Drink a cup of detox tea each day if you have a sinus infection.
Let us conclude by saying that there are a variety of ways to treat a sinus infection. These strategies can aid in reducing your symptoms and relieve the symptoms.